A dowel cradle is a welded wire assembly which keeps dowel bars and sleeves in their proper place whilst the concrete is being poured. Dowel cradles are invaluable for creating expansion joints in large concrete slabs (they're placed on the crush rock underneath the proposed joints). Once the concrete has started to set, saw cuts are made in the concrete above the dowel cradle to facilitate the concrete's expansion. Once saw-cutting is completed, the dowels then act as a load transfer mechanism between the two slabs. Dowel cradles predominantly come with a plate dowel, but can be ordered with a round or square dowel.
- Dowel cradles are purpose-built – hence they come in a variety of sizes, thicknesses, shapes and dowel types.
- Dowel cradles can be used indoors (black cradle) or outdoors (galvanised cradle).
Why buy from Allcon: We have a large range of dowel cradles in stock. Also, custom orders can be processed quickly (we have a great relationship with the product manufacturer).
- Dowel cradles are ideal for large concrete slabs, such as warehouse floors and car park surfaces, where large expansion joints are required.
- Same-day delivery to the Melbourne metropolitan area.
- Next-day delivery to Greater Melbourne, Regional Victoria, Southern NSW, Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane.
- General or Priority shipments to all other areas of Australia.
All freight arrangements are subject to stock availability, order cut-off times and type of goods. Please call us on 03 9839 7000 to discuss your requirements.